Monday 31 August 2009

Holiday Post!! ... As promised :)

So guys, here it is finally... Holiday post!

Me and four of my best friends had a last minute booking to Alicante a few weeks back and I thought I would share some memories with you all :p

We stayed in a place called Villamartin near a town called Torreveija, it was beautiful and relaxing and most of all, the weather was just perfect to get th
at tan I really wanted!

In a previous post I mentioned my holiday nails which I was really confused about doing... I wanted a nice summer colour, preferably a coral, but the coral a had bought from Barry M (No. 296) was a bit too orange for my liking, so I decided to stick with another one from Barry M (one of my faves) No.279 called Bright Pink... And so i added a little flowery design to my ring finger and toes haha...

What do you think?

Please ignore the fact that my acrylics were a little grown out as I took this pic half way through the holiday! lol



Here's a pic of me before a night out, as you can see I look quite red from the heat!
I decided to stick to the minimum in terms of makeup as I knew half of it would have melted!

Please excuse the bad hair it got a bit frizzed up with the humidity!


Heres what I took in my makeup travel kit:

  • Mac Select Moisture Cover concealer in NW30
  • Mac Paintpot in Rubenesque
  • L'Oreal Superliner Carbon Gloss in Black
  • Rimmel Volume Flash Curved Mascara
  • Coastel Scents 88 palette
  • As for Cheeks & Lips, I borrowed my lovely friends Rupas Ben Nye Creme Rouge Wheel CR-100 which was so perfect because of the colour range and ease of use
  • Brushes: Kanebo Eye brush & Mac 239SE
  • Barry M No.279 Bright Pink
  • Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat
I was quite happy with everything I took, I dont wear foundation but think it would have been to hot for it anyway! I am actually looking for a light wear foundation with a illuminating glow to it...any ideas?

I cant live without my Mac concealer & Rubenesque paintpot! So i definately couldn't have been without them on holiday! Rubenesque is a perfect solution to replace eyeshadow on holiday as it is so easy to apply with your fingers and gives you that nice shimmery glow, so its a holiday must for me.

L'Oreal Superliner Carbon Gloss liquid eyeliner & Rimmel Volume Flash Curved mascara are my favourite high street products.. So cheap yet they do the job perfectly well :)


After using Rupa's Ben Nye Creme Rouge Wheel CR-100, I must say I have been converted into purchasing one for myself.. So perfect to take on holiday, with a variety of colours that I used as Cheek blush and lip stain, they can be applied so easily with your fingers and last the whole day... And believe me, a little lasts a long way!
I think Rupa will be putting up some pics of her make up trave
l kit if you want to have a look at it, so keep checking her blog here for any updates.

I only decided to take two eye brushes becauseI wasn't planning to go all out with eyeshadow, but I did take one of my favourite Kanebo brushes which does not have a number or name, but let me know if you would like to see a pic.
I heart this brush because it does the job of so many of my Mac eye brushes in one.
It's great to apply shadow with (although i did still take my Mac 239) and its excellent at blending, in fact I prefer using it to my Mac 224!


Finally, I couldn't forget my nail polishes, incase of any chipping! :D


Now for a few real holiday pics! ... There's me before going to dinner on our balcony!
I bought this cute skirt from Topshop before I went and yes
it was a bargain, from £45 i paid only £10 :D ... The material is also very lovely..



And heres one of me and Rupa in Torreveija near the pier after all the shopping we did at the lovely market!


And lets not forget a pic I took whilst sunbathing on the beach! :p


Hope you guys had fun reading my post!

Keep Blogging & Please comment!

8 comments:

  1. gorjuzzz what can i say hehehehe looks like u had a great time,i love the nailz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there sonia!
    i love the nails!! so bright and PINK!! ^^
    also thanks for following my blog :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the pink shaded nails with square cutting looks very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that skirt from Topshop & I also have Barry M Bright Pink & I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great relaxing time! I love your blog. I am now a follower and hope that you will follow me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for the lovely comments!

    @Louise, I love Barry M Bright Pink, it really is a classic pink I cant live without!

    And also thanks everyone for following, I will be following right back ;)

    x

    ReplyDelete